For this critical analysis essay assignment, you will select one of the following readings:
“The Aesthetic Imperative”, Virginia Postrel, pg. 306
“False Connections”, Alex Kotlwitz, pg. 315
“Some Convenient Truths”, Gregg Easterbook, pg. 358
“Is It Time to Kill the Liberal Arts Degree”, Kim Brooks, pg. 395
“The Realities of Immigration”, Linda Chavez, pg. 434
“What Is Civility?”, P. M. Forni, pg. 455
Write an essay of 3-4 pages in length. Use the document “Sample Outline for Critical Essay” as a guide, as well as the Critical Essay Guidelines and Rubric.
Included in essay should be:
· Thesis statement centering on point(s) of analysis
· Thorough analysis of the ideas presented in the work
· Do not analyze the topic of argument (for instance, if the topic is abortion, you aren’t arguing whether or not abortion is right/wrong), but how the author presents his/her argument on the topic (you’re discussing how the author presented his/her argument on abortion); whether or not the argument is effective at its purpose and whether or not the argument is solid.
· Need three sources, one of which is the essay you’re analyzing
· Analyzing the influences during the time the piece was created
· Discussing the conflict surrounding the issues presented
· How ethos, logos, and pathos are used
· How effective the piece is at its purpose (informing, entertaining, persuading)
After the passage under analysis has been carefully studied, the critique can be drafted using this sample outline.
· I. Background information to help your readers understand the nature of the work
· 1. Title
· 2. Author
· 3. Publication information
· 4. Statement of topic and purpose
· II. Summary or description of the work
· III. Interpretation and/or evaluation
· A. Discussion of the work’s organization
· B. Discussion of the work’s style
· D. Discussion of the topic’s treatment
· E. Discussion of appeal to a particular audience
Psychology 4 Memory / Page 4.15 Improving Memory On this page: 1 of 1 attempted (100%) | 1 of 1 correct (100%) Improving Memory How can you use memory research findings to do better in this and other courses? Biology’s findings benefit medicine. Botany’s findings benefit agriculture. So, too, can psychology’s research on memory benefit […]
EGMT 462 INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT WRITTEN REPORT The written report is an opportunity for the student to perform further research on the case studies in the textbook. Each student shall write and submit the written report individually. This is NOT a group assignment. The report is to be a typed Word document. The report […]
Question description The executive team of SNC has completed the decision making for capital budgeting for the firm. Now the team must decide which decisions and approach were the best for the company. The executive team must create a presentation to be given to the board members of SNC. Utilize your assignment from last week […]
Meiosis, the kind of cell reproduction in which parent cells pass genetic traits to their offspring, is typically an accurate process. Mistakes in the process, known as mutations, are rare, and not all mutations lead to changes in an organism. Some mutations, however, have significant negative effects. Genetic mutations during meiosis have produced human diseases […]
designing team and team identity Part 1: Think about how to build teams in terms of designing the task, selecting the people, and then, managing their relationships. How would compose a team for completing a course/work project in terms of the three dimensions listed above. How would you incorporate diversity in designing a team? Part 2: Discuss […]
special occasion speech outline. APA style. The subject will be a memorial speech of ( coming to USA ) special occasion speech outline – ceremonial speech example General Purpose: To Commemorate Specific Purpose: To acknowledge various aspects of diversity. Thesis Statement: Diversity sparks interest, promotes respect and may lead to unwanted conflict which can be resolved through […]
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Use our simple order form to place your order. Provide required details and let us start working on your order.
Keep in touch with your writer 24/7. Pay for your paper when it is done.
Download finished paper
log in to our platform and download the final paper.